Tuesday, October 17, 2006

411, 412 and then some

Last Saturday, our group got together at Rex and OT’s soon-to-be house in Cainta. Rex bought the place a few months back and had some renovations made to suit him and OT when they move in after the wedding. Being quite near the place, Lyndon and I were the first to arrive. Soon after, everyone else did. It’s been more than 2 months since we all got together and I could say I missed the group. It was a long night of talking, ribbing and of course drinking (I had only one bottle of beer though). Thank goodness the boys did not have a deck of cards!

Our conversation that night ranged from basketball to my career decision to Tony’s incentives to OT’s selling 101 to Chuck and his truck (of narra) to Rex’s in law issues. I remember that even when we were still in high school, we’ve always preferred hanging out in one’s house to just talk. We were not the typical barkada who would party out, go barhopping, watch concerts or movies… we were content with just… talking. Of course we do go out, but a majority of our get-togethers was simply because, we wanted to see each other. Sometimes we get in each other’s nerves, but we’ve learned to live with each other’s quirks and we know each one’s disposition like the back of our hands.

Sometimes I can’t believe I’ve been friends with them for more than half my life. These are the people I literally grew up with, and through time, while I make friends with other people, they’re still the group I’d consider to keep up to the twilight years.

No comments: