Monday, October 23, 2006

Why do I blog?

Is it to virtually immortalize my existence? Is it to make my humdrum life appear somewhat interesting? Is it to clamor for attention or aspire for literary acclaim?

I write in my blog because I want to be a first-row spectator to my own life. I don’t care if people do not read my blog, or care if my entries are worth commenting on.

I write in my blog because there are moments, which a few years from now will not feel as intense or as important. There are days, which I just need and want to remember.

I write in my blog because there are life lessons I thought I learned but eventually forget. I need to review these learnings, for fear of failing again.

I write in my blog because I want to dedicate some entries to people who have inspired, touched, amused, hurt, moved, taught, angered or cheered me; people who make me experience what being human is all about.

I write in my blog because after days of battling responsibilities, making decisions, making mistakes, winning arguments and everything else, I want to contemplate my own thoughts, feelings and emotions.

Yeah, that’s it. That is why.

No comments: