Monday, January 14, 2008

Quintupled!

Turned 34 last week, and thus far this is the most number of times that I threw a party. Well, not really a party, just simple get togethers with friends and/or family to remind me that i'm well into mid 3o's. Jeez!

On my birthday, i took a vacation leave from work so i can spend the whole day tinkering with my new laptop and finding my way again through the world wide web. Got myself a broadband connection and hooked up with old friends through YM. I also cooked a simple dinner with Lyndon and Jen, and gave away spaghetti to the neighbors.

Went back to work the following day, feeling lightheaded because I was on line until 2am. Kisses and hugs from everyone who greeted me and had a fun lunch with Annie, Ayen, Mike and my boss. Odd group, but it turned out well. That afternoon, I ordered pizza and pasta for my officemates, my way of "giving back," having feasted on other people's birthday treat for the past 12 months.

Celebration #4 was with my mom and the whole family. We had dinner at Dencio's in Banawe and feasted on everything that would cause elevated cholesterol count. There was a live band, much to my mom's dismay: "too noisy, i can't hear myself think!" ...mom's thoughts probably. When the rest of the family left, Lyndon, Jen, Fel and I stayed a while for the music and a couple of beers then we headed home. I wanted to get a caffeine fix at starbucks but Lyndon insisted we head on home because he needed to commune with the toilet. Shucks!

Finally on the 13th, cooked dinner for my friends who came over and saw our apartment for the first time. We chose Sunday because it was also Annie's birthday the day before so we had to allow her to celebrate with her family.

5 celebrations for my 34th...how i come i don't feel celebrated? :D

No comments: