Friday, January 27, 2006

Abandoning the LoveNest

In a couple of weeks, I will be giving up my apartment and moving to my sister's home. Now that she's in Dubai, her partner asked me if I could move to their place and rent there instead. The idea caught my attention since I've been wanting to cut down on my expenses in order to start saving and eventually buying my own place. This of course cannot happen if I spend so much on house rent and electricity. At least now, my plan to get a rent-to-own condominium has a bigger chance of materializing.

I know there will be a number of changes, both positive and otherwise as a consequence of my move to Pasig. After all, the house won't be mine and Lyndon's alone, so therefore there is a need to adjust not only with each other but our other housemates. But we've lived there for sometime so I guess it won't be too much of a hassle.

One positive change of course is that my residence will be nearer the office, thus I won't be as tired from the viaje when I go home at night. Another plus factor is that Jeff will be nearer and this is my chance to fulfill my promise to my sister that I will look after him.

Just this morning on my way to work, I was already imagining what things will be like once we move. I hope to recreate the humble place we've started because that's one place I felt at home the most.

No comments: