Monday, May 01, 2006

3-day weekend

This 3-day weekend is a welcome break from all the pressures of work. Thank God for Labor Day!

On Saturday, I was able to see my long time friends again after months of hibernation in Pasig. Dinner at the Pilarta's house was, as always, sinful! There was adobo and pork barbecue and a nacho platter, plus of course dessert which is never missed whenever we have dinner there. This time, Princess baked a batch of Food for the Gods. I had two slices (good girl) with my coffee.

That night also, Annie brought her two toolboxes filled with make-up. After finishing her 10 week make-up class at Frank Provost, she was ready to continue practicing, with us as her models. Only Princess and I stood up to the challenge though, because Minnie was too sleepy to participate. I could say she did a good job with Princess and me (or is it because we're just naturally beautiful?.

On Sunday, Jen and I rented movies at Video City. We brought Jeff along so he could choose his own films. He did, and we ended up with Chicken Little and Wallace& Gromit for Jeff, Shutter and Sigaw for a horror fare, Crying Ladies, Hotel Rwanda and If Only. The last one, was Jen's request. We finished 5 of the seven movies in 24 hours! Talk about couch potatoes. There's not much to do around the house anyway. Plus the freaking heat is so intense! I wonder when summer will end?

Tomorrow, its back to work again but this time I will be handling OD instead of training. May 2 officially marks my transfer to OD. At this point I know I still have much to learn with this new assignment, but good thing I have a good boss whom I know will be able to mentor me well. I just hope I would live up to his expectations. Fingers crossed.

1 comment:

Technorati said...

Don't you just love Shutter? I do.

Best of luck with your new assignment! No doubt you can hack it.